Fernando Torres set for Atletico Madrid stay

Spanish forward Fernando Torres is expected to remain at Vicente Calderon beyond the current season, Cadena SER can reveal.

The experienced striker will not be returning to San Siro as his deal with AC Milan expires in June, and his future was in doubt as Atletico failed to offer him a new contract.

However, after Torres enjoyed a run in the side and scored some important goals, los Colchoneros have changed their stance and they are set to tie the former Liverpool star to a new deal.

The 32-year-old did well to score 10 goals in 29 league outings this term, which is his highest tally in a league campaign since 2010.

At the same time, Atletico plan to offer a new contract to midfielder Tiago Mendes, who has missed the season finale through injury.

Toure calls for calm in top-four race

Kolo Toure has called for calm as Liverpool chase a top-four finish and UEFA Champions League qualification.

Brendan Rodgers men currently occupy fourth spot in the Premier League, with a six-point cushion over nearest challengers Tottenham.

The Anfield club have not qualified for Europe s premier club competition since a second-placed finish under Rafael Benitez in 2008-09, but some sparkling displays this season, along with the imperious form of strike duo Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, mean Liverpool look set for a Champions League return next term.

Defender Toure is confident of Liverpool s chances, but has insisted his team-mates need to remain level-headed to achieve their goal.

We just need now to keep calm and do what we have been doing, he told City T…

Konko ´in talks´ to join AC Milan

AC Milan are in talks to sign defender Abdoulay Konko on a free transfer, the player s agent has claimed.

The 32-year-old has been with Lazio since 2011, but the five-year deal he agreed when signing for the club in a €4million deal is due to expire at the end of this month.

Milan could now be poised to pounce, with Konko s agent Daniele Conte revealing discussions are under way over a move to San Siro.

We are in talks with Milan, so it is a deal that could take off, the representative said to Tuttosport.

Abdoulay is free, so he can move wherever he wants.

Right-back Konko, who previously played for Genoa and Sevilla, made 18 Serie A appearances for Lazio last season.

Milan are yet to confirm their head coach for the new season, but …

Ferdinand confirms United exit

Rio Ferdinand has revealed that he will leave Manchester United after 12 years with the Premier League club.

It was reported on Monday that the vastly experienced former England centre-back would not be offered a new deal at Old Trafford, with his contract having expired at the end of the season.

And Ferdinand, who joined United for a then club-record fee of around £30million back in 2002, has confirmed his long spell at United is over.

The 35-year-old told his official website 5mag: I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing, for what I regard, as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on,

I joined Manchester United in the hope of winning trophies, and never in…

Luuk de Jong nears Gladbach exit

Dutch newspaper that Dutch striker Luuk de Jong could be leaving Borussia M Gladbach in the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old has largely struggled since joining the club from Twente, and he has failed to make a single Bundesliga start this season.

As a result, he is considering his options, with the forward s agent set to discuss his client s future at a meeting with club chiefs.

“It seems clear to be that Luuk is not happy. But that does not mean he is leaving,” agent Louis Laros was quoted as saying by Algemeen Dagblad.

“Then (at the meeting) we will look at what is best for Luuk and Gladbach.”

According to Algemeen Dagblad, PSV Eindhoven are the favourites for the player s signature, but they are not the only suitors at the mo…

Bitesize Prediction: San Antonio vs El Paso – 06/06/24

Market: San Antonio win

Odds: 3/5 @

Looking to make it back-to-back USL victories in the early hours of Thursday morning, San Antonio will welcome local rivals El Paso to Toyota Field.

Starting with the hosts, managing to make what was a crucial return to winning ways last weekend, San Antonio will be desperate to use that performance as a platform to build on. Clinching a 1-0 victory against Memphis, Alen Marcina’s men are tipped as a standout contender to claim another Western Conference play-off ticket this season. Drawing a line under their worrying five-match winless run on Sunday, the Texas-based outfit have continued to gain a reputation for their extended success on home soil. Along with signing off March with a 2-1 win against Monterey Bay, San Antoni…

Chelsea 2 Fulham 0: Below-par Blues back to winning ways

Chelsea responded to their first Premier League defeat of the season by putting west London rivals Fulham to the sword in a routine 2-0 win.

Maurizio Sarri s men were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham last time out in the league but, after easing to a 4-0 win over PAOK in the Europa League, did not to produce their best to resume normal service.

Pedro pounced on a poor passage of play from the visitors to open the scoring after just four minutes, and an excellent team goal finished off by Ruben Loftus-Cheek made the points safe late on.

Fulham had briefly threatened a leveller before that decisive blow, making it an unhappy return to Stamford Bridge for Claudio Ranieri, whose side remain bottom, while Chelsea at least momentarily move up to third.

It took a mere 22…

Chelsea in shock Carroll link

Chelsea are considering a surprise loan move for West Ham United forward Andy Carroll, according to the Telegraph.

The Blues failed to score for a third successive game in all competitions after drawing 0-0 with Leicester City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon and their top goalscorer Alvaro Morata has just two goals in his last ten appearances.

The reigning champions’ only other recognised striker is Michy Batshuyai has netted just twice in the league and manager Antonio Conte in looking to strengthen his squad this month with Carroll a viable option.

The England international’s West Ham career has been blighted by injury with him playing over half of his sides league games just once since his first season with the club the 2012/13 campaign.

Dancing panda Patrice Evra can´t bear to see racism go unchallenged

Juventus full-back Patrice Evra has taken the stance against racism to a brilliant new level in his latest Instagram post.

The France international posted footage of himself dressed in a panda costume a fitting choice for a Bianconeri player and showing off his finest dance moves as Desiigner s hit single Panda plays in the background.

The smiling 35-year-old then removes his head gear to urge followers to say no to racism as he assured them he is full of love .

The post was captioned with the words: Be like my panda!!! I m black,white, Asian and chubby !! SAY NO TO RACISM !!!

Evra s latest anti-racism message follows a post from last week, when he praised striker Luis Suarez for winning the European Golden Shoe award, despite the Uruguayan having been f…

Prediction: Real Madrid vs Borussia Monchengladbach

Best odds: 8/11

Bookmaker:

Real Madrid and Borussia Monchengladbach will face each other at the Alfredo Di Stefano stadium in the final round of the Champions League group stages on Wednesday, in what will be a crucial game for both sides.

Real Madrid

Real Madrid may have won three consecutive Champions League trophies under Zinedine Zidane from 2016 to 2018,  and they may be the reigning La Liga champions, but their results have recently been so underwhelming that the Frenchman found himself answering questions in press conferences about the possibility of getting the sack.

Their problems are especially evident in the Spanish top flight, where they were comprehensively beaten (4-1) by Valencia in early November, followed by a 1-1 draw against Villarre…